Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T #3 March

Mr. Eric Sheninger's PLN I am a student at the University of South Alabama striving to become a teacher. A class I am required to take is a class about technology and using it in the classroom. Before reading this post I was very uncertain about teaching. The technology is advancing everyday and I questioned my ability to remember all of these tools. After reading this post I understand now that it's not about how many tools you use, it's using them sufficiently. Teaching isn't about who can do it best, it's helping each other strive forward to help children succeed. I like that Mr. Sheninger let's his teachers use 20% of their time to work on a project they enjoy. It is very important to keep the teacher's mind fresh and exciting. I have enjoyed reading this blog post and I look forward to hearing more about Mr. Sheninger's success.

My second C4T was to Ms. Jenny She. Her blog is dedicated to record her experiences, reflections, learnings, and anything that matters to teaching. Her latest post was about photography and the beauty of the simple things in life like flowers. A quote that she wrote has stuck with me the rest of the day,"The happiest people don't have everything, they just make the best of everything." She went for a walk and took pictures with her iPhone of some flowers she saw. Beauty isn't always the biggest most elaborate things, the small things make the picture complete. I responded by telling her my passion for photography and how pictures last a lifetime. I really enjoyed her reminder about making the best out of everything.

Jenny's flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment