Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post #13


For this blog post we were not allowed to use any type of technology for 24 hours. We were allowed to use only a house phone and see a movie only in theaters, everything else was banned. If it was powered by electricity or batteries, we were not allowed to use it. This assignment was extremely hard for me. My phone is like my security blanket, without having it the feeling is just miserable. My boyfriend goes to Auburn and there was absolutely no way that I could not talk to him for a whole day. My cellphone was broken a few weeks ago and kept freezing. I immediately took it to AT&T and got a new phone. All my school work is done on the computer, if I didn't do it for a day I would fall behind. Even at my daycare that I work at, we use computers to clock in, and walkie talkies for the playground. Technologies are such a HUGE part of our society today that if the power went out for a whole day I honestly think that the world would go crazy. We have been accustom to cellphones, computers, and cameras that without them we cannot function. Hopefully we won't have to face a no technology day again!

1 comment:

  1. You will soon have students even more committed to (or should I say addicted to) technology. Are you prepared to be their teacher? Can you teach without technology? How and what will you technology in your classroom? How will you use your student's technology for educational purposes?

    ReplyDelete